“Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth” - 1 John 3:18
Hello friends, we are excited to inform you that Grace Community Church will be reopening for public services on June 14th. We are super excited to be able to worship the Lord together again! However, as excited as we are, the safety and health of our congregants is still our highest priority, and we want to fully comply with the CDC recommendations. We ask you to observe these guidelines in the spirit of loving one another. Thank you!
- 50% capacity – per Governor Cuomo’s order, we need to limit the number of people inside to 125 (our room has a 250 capacity). We will seat people on a first reserve, first served basis. If the weather permits, we can also set up chairs outside where people can participate in the worship service there.
To let us know that you’re coming please go to gracecorning.org/reopening, take a moment to fill out, and submit it to us. Super quick and easy!
- Masks – we will be requiring all attendees to wear a mask when indoors. The only exceptions will be those leading the service while they are at the pulpit.
You are free to bring your own face mask and we will have disposable face masks available at the door for you to take.
- Higher risk/Comfort level – if you are in a higher risk group or you are just uncomfortable attending a public service, please do what you think is best for your personal safety and well being. We hope to offer the service to members live on zoom, and the sermon will continue to be posted on Facebook and Youtube on Sunday mornings.
If you are sick in any way, have a fever, or any other symptom, please play it safe and do not come to church. You can join us via zoom and/or watch the message on Facebook or Youtube.
- Hand sanitizer – we will have hand sanitizer available as you come in if you so wish.
- Children’s Ministry – there will not be children’s ministry offered over the summer due to COVID-19 restrictions, however we will have a room available for parents to take their children to if they need to.
Our service will be shortened in order to be more family friendly to our younger members joining us for the service.
- Physical contact – we are a friendly church! But we will have to demonstrate our friendliness without handshakes or hugs for the foreseeable future. Please refrain from physical contact with those outside your family. Virtual hugs (6 feet apart) are permitted ????